Friday, August 14, 2009

...not enough hours in the day

Damn...it's our last night in Tuscany...I've been averaging about six hours of sleep a night...why is it we expend more energy on vacation?(of course, I have plenty to spare...). The excitement is palpable, the sense of something new, is constant...but isn't the point to slow down? To clear that incessant buzz, the hum of responsibility- droning low- omnipresent, in the background of "everyday" life?...Well, there's the problem...where do we find our value? what is it that pushes the rock up the hill? It cannot be the need for a vacation...I whine, that I don't have time for this, or that...something is always in the way...so much to do. so little time to do it...how are my responsibilities tied to who I am? If they aren't woven from the same thread...then I'm simply shrouded...wrapped up in something...there should be no such thing as work...only labor...ha, I preach and pontificate...now put it to practice...

I've passed the same tree half a dozen times in a week...stuck in my head...only this evening did I take the time to consider it... 









No comments:

Post a Comment